Friday, October 7, 2011

DIY Glitter Nails

I'm sure most of you have heard of glitter nails or gel nails. Well I have gotten them before and not only are they kinda pricey but I don't like how thick they are and hard to get off. To me, they are essentially acrylics with glitter in them. Although I love glitter, I am not a fan of acrylics because they drive me crazy! So my sister in law Cami showed me how to do my own glitter nails which don't cost me anything and are a nice thin layer of polish and glitter.
Glittertastic! I think I used the color Aquamarine for these bad boys.
I used Martha Stewart glitter because it is an ultra fine texture and she has a lot of great colors. You can find her glitter at Michael's. I got the glitter kit above a while ago and used a 40% off coupon for it so it wasn't that much money. Michael's will accept competitors coupons so if you have one for Joann's you can use it!

I used this clear nail polish because it's nice and heavy duty. If I were you I would put a piece of paper under the spot where you will be doing your nails so glitter doesn't get everywhere and when you are done you can shake the excess glitter back into the bottle.

DIRECTIONS:
  1. First, I did a layer of the clear nail polish.
  2. Then, I immediately shook some of the glitter onto the wet polish.
  3. I let it dry for a minute or two and then used a nail brush (I got one in a manicure kit a long time ago) and brushed the excess glitter off.
  4. At this point if you want you can do a second coat of polish and glitter if you want more coverage.
  5. Then just seal the glitter with a top coat or two of the clear nail polish and your done!
Easy huh?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Nice:) I'm going to do it:)

 
At June 11, 2020 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Healthytips said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 11, 2020 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Healthytips said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about nail. Please keep sharing.
Health Is A Life

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home